After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe key features of clinical presentation and assessment of the healthcare condition(s) reviewed in the case presented
2. Discuss critical decision-making points related to the course of care related to the case presented
3. Review up-to-date literature and evidence-based practices related to the presentation and/or management of the key clinical focus of the case presented
Brandon Smith, MD
PGY5 Surgical Resident
Department of Surgery
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Advanced Practice Providers
Baystate Health designates this activity for 1 contact hour for advanced practice providers. Advanced practice providers should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 American Board of Surgery MOC