After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the benefits of ante natal colostrum expression in pregnant women with diabetes
2. Describe the benefits of breastfeeding for mothers with gestational diabetes and their infants.
3. Identify the range of systems affected in infants of diabetics - it's so much more than the sugar! (the breadth).
4. Recognize the pathophysiology behind how each system is affected (the depth).
Dr. Lisa Taylor Kelly
Medical Director of Pediatric Nursery
Baystate Children's Hospital
Dr. Erika LaChance, MD, IBCLC
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational event have commercial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity carries a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s).
Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 1.0 CE credit(s) for psychologists have been granted for this educational activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
Specific Aids or Services
If under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you require specific aids or services during your visit to this continuing education program or for additional information on learner objectives, course content, faculty credentials or disclosure or level of instruction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)