After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Participants can state the potential influence of power, privilege, the –isms and their own history on relationships with clients and colleagues,
- Participants can identify personal beliefs and values and how these factors influence their own behaviors when working with clients and colleagues,
- Participants can use tools to practice the cultural humility principle of “client as expert” when serving individuals and communities,
- Participants practice respectful and curious inquiry about individual and community points of view, values and life experiences, holding the stance of “listen as if the speaker is wise,”
- Participants practice strategies to redress power dynamics from negatively influencing or obstructing the content of service delivery, and
- Participants integrate strategies into organizational structures, policies, activities.
Board of Directors, VP
Woman of Color Health Equity Collect
Dayna Campbell, PHD, MS
Assistant Professor of Public Health
American International College
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 3.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)