After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe how to use psychoeducation tools in TF-CBT
- Identify the components in TF-CBT
- Identify 1 relaxation technique
- Demonstrate disputing dysfunctional thoughts
- Demonstrate ways to elicit a trauma narrative from clients
- Identify 2 ways to teach clients safety skills
- Communicate the reasons joint parents sessions are important
- Identify 1 way to practice self-care to prevent vicarious traumatization
Jessica Wozniak, Psy.D.
Baystate Medical Center
Department of Psychiatry
Jessica Griffin, Psy.D.
Department of Psychiatry
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content 10.50 CE credit(s) for psychologists have been granted for this educational activity.
Social Workers (ASWB)
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE Program)
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Baystate Health is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organization, not individual courses are approved under this program.
Baystate maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 10.50 continuing education credit(s).
Mental Health Counselors
Baystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. (ACEP #5684) 10.50 clock hours
- 10.50 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 10.50 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 10.50 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 10.50 NBCCBaystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBC requirements. The ACEP solely responsible for all aspects of the program.