After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1) Identify the value of an MIO lens for training
2) Discuss how components of the MIO model can help us better understand qualities of effective facilitation
3) Discuss individual goals and needs of developing as effective facilitators
4) Discuss the MIO training outline
5) Discuss key points from Patient Interaction Videos from the perspective of a trainer
6) Describe principles of high quality feedback
7) Deliver a mini lesson of MIO training for peers
8) Discuss opportunities for growth and learning through giving and receiving peer feedback
9) Identify clinical examples of the different components of MIO when observing others' clinical sessions
10) Identify and provide own clinical examples that illustrate each MIO component to meet learner objectives
Amanda Lowell, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Yale Child Study Center
Amanda Zayde, PsyD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Montefiore Medical Center,
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mental Health Counselors
Baystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. (ACEP #5684) 1 clock hour(s). Mental Health Counselors should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Social Workers (ASWB)
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE Program)
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Baystate Health is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organization, not individual courses, are approved under this program.
Baystate maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit(s).
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 4.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)
- 4.00 NBCCBaystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBC requirements. The ACEP solely responsible for all aspects of the program.