After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the full extent of morbidity from placenta accreta spectrum that patients experience.
- Identify strategies to apply to practice that reduce morbidity during PAS surgery.
- Consider the potential benefits and risks of adjunctive and alternative treatments for PAS.
Brett D. Einerson, MD, MPH
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Medical Director, Placenta Accreta Program
Associate Program Director (Research), Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship
Medical Director, Obstetric Emergency Services
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
University of Utah School of Medicine
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Baystate Health Continuing Interprofessional Education follows the ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have a relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)