After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe HIV and other sexual health disparities impacting sexual and gender diverse (SGD) youth - particularly sexually diverse youth from minoritized racial/ethnic groups.
- Discuss factors contributing to HIV and other sexual health disparities in SGD youth with particular focus on young Black, gay, bisexual and other MSM.
- Illustrate selected research, clinical and educational activities focused on addressing disparities in these priority populations.
Errol L. Fields, MD, PhD, MPH *
Program Director, Adolescent Medicine Fellowship
Division of Adolescent/Young Adult Medicine
Department of Pediatrics, John Hopkins School of Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Inter-professional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
* Dr. Errol Fields is an Advisor for both Gilead Sciences and Roche Diagnostics. All the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
None of the other planners or faculty for this educational event have relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 1.0 CE credit(s) for psychologists have been granted for this educational activity.
Social Workers (ASWB)
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE Program)
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Baystate Health is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organization, not individual courses are approved under this program.
Baystate maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit(s).
This activity carries a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)