After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize the impact of healthcare philanthropy
- Recognize the importance of having donors in a healthcare organization
- Identify additional ways physicians can make a difference in healthcare by practicing a philanthropic mindset
- Define basic financial terms; e.g. FTE, operating margin, revenues, expenses, etc.
- Basic understanding of the components of BH’s revenue and expense streams
- Recognize the financial and statistical reports available to monitor practice/division financial performance and demonstrate ability to follow up on budget variances
- Recognize the importance of why strong financial performance is necessary to support the mission of the organization
- Strategic planning from a physician and director partnership level
- How do you think about ROI, how do we define it and talk about it at Baystate – what does it mean for a physician leader
Paul Gosselin, CPA
Senior Director, Finance
Scott Berg, Phd, JD, MBA, MS
Vice President of Philanthropy and Executive Director of Baystate Health Foundation
System Director, Hospital Medicine & Program Director, Geriatrics & Palliative Care
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™