After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss the correlation of surgical pathology and cytopathology diagnosis of Baystate cases reviewed at other institutions at the patient's request to assure quality and accuracy of initial pathology diagnosis.
3. Discuss the correlation of the pathology diagnosis for patients referred to BMC for treatment or second opinion to assure quality and accuracy of diagnosis and appropriate follow-up care.
4. Discuss the quality metric results for surgical biopsy turn-around time.
5. Describe the review of SRS events as it relates to quality reporting and Anatomic Pathology performance.
Virginia Blake MT (ASCP)
Baystate Department of Pathology
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 2.00 BCIPE Risk Management