After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the history of intravenous fluids.
2. Identify the potential benefits of intravenous fluids .
3. Discuss the physiology of Esophageal Doppler Hemodynamic Monitoring.
4. Formulate a perioperative fluid therapy plan for a surgical patient.
Nandakumar Ponnusamy, MD
Staff Anesthesiologist/Pain Attending
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours