After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss anesthesia for extraction for Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices (CEID).
2. Explain anesthesia for percutaneous endocardial and epicardial left atrial appendage ligation (Watchman procedure).
3. Review anesthesia for mitral clip procedure.
4. Discuss long term outcome studies on Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI).
5. Discuss Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) for cardiac surgery.
6. Discuss the topic on contribution of the anesthesiologist to risk adjusted mortality after cardiac surgery.
Ananth Kashikar, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Chief of Cardiac Anesthesia
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours