After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the concept of multimodal analgesia and give examples.
2. Describe the pain pathway and receptor targets for analgesic.
3. Discuss update on the effect of NSAIDs on bone healing and associated bleeding.
4. Compare IV vs Oral Tylenol efficacy.
5. State the effects of systemic Gabapentinoids, Ketamine, Dexmedetomidine, Magnesium, Lidocaine, and Esmolol on perioperative analgesia.
Long-Chau Van, DO
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours