After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the widespread affects opioids have had on society.
2. Discuss the difference between hyperalgesia and tolerance.
3. Discuss the basis for addiction.
4. Describe the common types of medication assisted treatments for opioid addiction.
Ashleigh Menhadji, MD
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours