After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe pharmacology of local anesthetics.
2. Describe anatomy, advantages, and disadvantages of common peripheral nerve blocks.
3. Explain which adjuvants prolong peripheral nerve blocks.
4. Describe local anesthetic systemic toxicity.
5. Describe intralipid emulsion therapy for LAST, understand the LAST protocol and drug dosing in an emergency.
Salima Powers, MD
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours