After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Debate the role of total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA) for neurosurgical patients with elevated intracranial pressure (ICP).
2. Explain the role of anti-seizure prophylaxis in neurosurgical patients based on current evidence.
3. Discuss the target blood pressure in neurosurgical patients and explain the reason for such target.
4. Compare the role general vs. monitored anesthesia care in patients presenting for reperfusion therapy in acute ischemic stroke (AIS).
Stanlies D'Souza, MD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours