After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe risk epidemiology of hear failure in adults.
2. Describe new modalities of ventricular assist devices both long and short term.
3. Explain ventricular assist and ECMO machines work.
4. Describe how to manage a patient with VAD.
5. Discuss the complications following VAD and future unmet needs.
Jeffrey Shuhaiber, MD
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours