After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the function and concepts of LVAD physiology for heart failure patients.
2. Identify and understand the 3 commerically available LVAD systems and their components.
3. Discuss the management of LVAD physiology during non-cardiac surgery.
4. Discuss the role of anesthesiologists who manage complex patients with LVADs.
Adam A. Dalia, MD, MBA
Clinical Instructor of Anesthesiology
Harvard Medical School
Attending Cardiac Anesthesiologist
Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours