After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Recognize symptoms of Malaria in a patient who has recently traveled.
2. Recognize when to take a more in depth travel history.
3. Discuss how VTE remains a large problem with PE believed to be the most common preventable cause of hospital death.
4. Use the Padua score for DVT prophylaxis prescribing guidance.
5. Consider accessing the DVT report when on floors without IPOC rounds.
Christine Bryson, DO Hospitalist
William Jaffee, DO, Hospitalist
Jessica Penney, MD Med/Peds
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management