After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss the pathophysiology and nursing management of CNS infection.
3. Discuss the pathophysiology and nursing management of degenerative disorders.
4. Discuss the pathophysiology and nursing management of headaches.
5. Discuss the pathophysiology and nursing management of neuromuscular and autoimmune disorders.
6. Differentiate between spinal surgical procedures.
7. Discuss conditions requiring surgical intervention.
8. Discuss nursing management of spinal surgery patients.
9. Define and classify traumatic spine injuries.
10. Differentiate between primary and secondary injuries.
11. Discuss nursing management of SCI.
12. Identify potential complications of SCI.
13. Describe the symptoms of ischemic stroke.
14. Discuss nursing management of ischemic stroke.
15. Identify modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors.
Allison Kostrzewa, RN, MSN, CNRN
Westfield State University
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients
- 4.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 4.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours