After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss potential complications of hemorrhagic stroke.
2. Discuss nursing management of hemorrhagic stroke.
3. Identify the signs and symptoms of hemorrhagic stroke.
4. Define and classify traumatic brain injury.
5. Diferentiate between primary and secondary injuries.
6. Discuss nursing management of TBI.
7. Discuss potential complications of TBI.
8. Define and classify brain tumors.
9. Define and classify spinal tumors.
10. Discuss nursing management of brain tumors.
11. Discuss nursing management of spinal tumors.
12. Discuss nursing management of patients with cranial surgery.
13. Identify potential complications of cranial surgery.
Allison Kostrzewa, RN, MSN, CNRN
Westfield State University
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients
- 4.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 4.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours