After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Explain the functions of the patient-clinician relationship as an aspect of healthcare quality
3. Describe how communication and decision-making involvement can influence patient outcomes
4. Identify the effects of patient and physician identity characteristics on patient-clinician interaction
5. Review current research on patient-clinician interaction in maternity care
Laura Attanasio, PhD
Assistant Professor, Health Policy and Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst
School of Public Health and Health Sciences
Department of Health Promotion and Policy
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours