After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define "growth mindset" and "fixed mindset".
2. Describe methods to foster a growth mindset in ourselves and our learners.
3. Identify the features of medical training and practice that can promote a fixed mindset.
4. Discuss the relationship between growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, lifelong learning, and professional success.
Harry Hoar, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Tufts and University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours