After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Define basic principles of pediatric palliative care.
- Describe how pediatric palliative care can be applied to care of pediatric age group with life-limiting illness.
- Recognize diagnoses and medical conditions amenable to pediatric palliative care.
- Recognize the difference between palliative care and hospice.
- Recognize when to refer to subspecialty palliative care of hospice services.
Mustafa Caylan, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Commercial Relationships: None
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management