After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Articulate that sex differences in brain structure and function can stem from the effects of sex steriods.
- Recognize that differences can also stem from the gonad-independent effects of the X vs. Y chromosome.
- Recognize that other endocrine-related mechanisms (such as early life metabolic milieu) can affect brain structure later in life.
Mark Palmart, MD, PhD
Professor of Pediatrics and Physiology
The Hospital for Sick Children - University of Toranto
Commercial Relationships: None
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours