After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1| Participants will have an increased awareness of levels of personal competence in providing treatment/services to patients who identify as LGBT.
2| Participants will learn about the difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and biological sex.
3| Participants will learn about how many people in the US identify as LGBT.
4| Participants will have an increased awareness regarding importance of focused-care for patients who identify as LGBT.
5| Participants will have an increased awareness of average hours of LGBT training received by various disciplines.
6| Participants will learn about importance of providing LGBT-focused education.
7| Participants will learn about initial programmatic assessment for LGBT education.
Roxanne Untal, Psy.D.
Clinical Psychologist,VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 APA Psychologists American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 NASW Smith CE CreditsThis program was approved for 1.00 Continuing Education Credits by Smith College School for Social Work and assigned authorization number in accordance with Continuing Education Regulation 258 CMR, Category I, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1.00 NBCCBaystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBC requirements. The ACEP solely responsible for all aspects of the program.