After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe updates in the Baystate Health Department of Psychiatry and discuss impact on system level goals to improve quality, safety, patient experience, and value
3. Understand short and long term impact of patient suicide on mental health providers.
4. Discuss suicide postvention models for providers as well as trainees that have been reported and studied.
Barry Sarvet, MD
Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Baystate
Professor and Chair, Department of Psychiatry at UMMS-Baystate
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 APA (American Psychological Association)Baystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 NASW Smith CE CreditsThis program was approved for 1.00 Continuing Education Credits by Smith College School for Social Work and assigned authorization number in accordance with Continuing Education Regulation 258 CMR, Category I, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1.00 NBCCBaystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBC requirements. The ACEP solely responsible for all aspects of the program.