After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define and understand the definition of Psychotic Disorders.
2. Demonstrate and understand an application of mechnical restraints.
3. Demonstrate and understand the application of mechanical restraints.
4. Demonstrate and understand the defintion of a restraint, as outlined by the Department of Mental Health.
5. Demonstrate and understand the review of completing DMH Restraint paperwork.
6. Demonstrate and understand the risk factors associated with chemical restraints.
7. Demonstrate and understand the risk factors associated with mechanical/physical restraints.
8. Demonstrate interventions and therapeutic engagement for the psychotic patient.
9. Recognize and understanding of limiting setting.
Lindsay McDonald, RN, MSN
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours