After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Compare the flexion/extension effect on descent of the LOT and ROT babies.
2. Describe the role of three soft tissue structures on fetal position.
3. Describe a daily pregnancy routine for range of motion and pelvic stability.
4. Select appropriate techniques to restore body balance in tight pelvic muscles and ligaments.
5. List benefits and contraindications for steep inversion.
6. Demonstrate the Three Sisters of Balance (Rebozo, Forward-learning Inversion and Sidelying Release)
7. Identify external signs of a progressing labor and a non-progressing labor.
8. Teach a pregnant parent an external self-assessment to detect a lack of engagement caused by an overlapping forehead.
9. Compare an indication for cesarean delivery due to cephalopelvic disproportion to indications that baby may be able to rotate to fit the pelvis.
10. Demonstrate a birth position to open the top of the pelvis (anterior-posterior diameter of the pelvic inlet)
11. Measure the effect of putting the knees together and feet apart to open the bottom of the pelvis (increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet)
12. Write a plan of implementation for the Spinning Babies approach in a practice scenario.
Lorenza Holt, MPH, SpBAT
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
(Choose the appropriate statement below. Delete this sentence and the paragraph(s) you don't use - including the word OR.)
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Dr./Mr./Ms. XXX is a consultant for AA Pharmaceuticals, is on the Speaker'Bureau for BB Company, and is a Stock/Shareholder of ZZZ.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 7.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 7.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours