After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Demonstrate and practice appropriate methods of bleeding control.
3. Discuss the need for civilian participation in the control of life-threatening hemorrhage.
4. Discuss the scope of life-threatening hemorrhage.
5. Recognize life-threatening hemorrhage.
Ronald Gross, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Gross is a consultant for Synthes.
Ida Konderwicz, RN
Michael Nicoli, EMT
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours