After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe rates of trauma among those affected by a substance use disorder
2. Describe the effects of trauma on individuals and teams
3. Identify at least two self-regulation practices
4. Name the four principles of trauma informed care
5. Describe how these principles can be implemented to support patient care and engagement
Sarah Courtney, LCSW
Trauma and Parenting Trainer
Institute for Health and Recovery
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 3.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 3.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours