After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe key stakeholders involved in the deprescribing process
2. List at least 2 barriers to deprescribing and describe strategies to overcome those barriers
3. Identify at least 1 tool to aid in deprescribing in older adults
Megan Carr, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP
Geriatric Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) Unit Pharmacist
Baystate Medical Center
759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01199
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours