After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Will understand concept of “total pain” and implications for team-based care
2. Know how to schedule opioids (including breakthrough dosing) in accordance with pharmacokinetics
3. Be able to recognize and treat opioid induced neurotoxicity
Maura Brennan, MD
Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours