After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define prevalence of marijuana use in pregnancy and reported reasons for use.
2. Counsel women regarding the risks of marijuana use during pregnancy and lactation based on current evidence.
3. Recommend and utilize available on-line resources when counseling women regarding marijuana use in pregnancy and lactation.
Torri D. Metz, MD
Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Vice Chair for Research
University of Utah School of Medicine
Salt Lake City, Utah
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. Metz received Grant/Research support from Pfizer and Gestvision. Dr. Metz also received royalty from Uptodate as an author of two topics re vaginal birth after cesarean section. However, Dr. Metz's presentation will not involve anything to do with Pfizer or Gestvision.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours