After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Review definitions and concepts underlying Shared Decision Making
2. Distinguish SDM from Informed DM
3. Review study results of analyses related to SDM in periviable care
4. Discuss skills and techniques to promote SDM in periviable care
Brownsyne Tucker Edmonds, MD, MPH, MS
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Vice Chair for Faculty Development and Diversity
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Assistant Dean for Diversity Affairs
Indiana University School of Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours