After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the components of an enhanced recovery after surgery protocol.
2. Describe the benefits of multimodal pain management.
3. Discuss the data driven recommendations for post-operative opioid prescribing.
Lindsay M. West, MD
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Baystate Medical Center
University of Massachusetts School of Medicine-Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours