After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify stressors common to people in all health professions as well as those unique to specific professions and/or individuals.
2. Discuss wellbeing in the relational, social, and environmental context in which the healthcare professional lives and works.
3. Develop skills to enhance mindful awareness and apply them to self-care
4. Identify the importance of wellness in terms of its impact on interprofessional wellbeing (other members of the health care team, health care system and patient care outcomes).
5. Develop and implement a personal plan for self-care that enhances resiliency in a health professional setting.
Michelle Mattison, Psy.D*
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Catherine Powers, RN, BSN, MS, HN*
Chair, Western Mass Holistic Nurse Association
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CIPE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.50 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.50 BCIPE Instructional Hours