After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the studied techniques of opioid-free anesthesia
2. Examine the results of balanced Remifentanil vs Dexmedetomidine anesthesia for inter/major non-cardiac surgery in terms of postoperative opioid-related adverse events
3. Review some surprising, or not, adverse related events that caused early termination of this study
4. Point of care ultrasound, POCUS, can be utilized to identify reversible causes of cardiac arrest
5. POCUS can be implemented safely without interfering with CPR and is now part of the new ACLS guidelines
Derek Rosner, D.O.
Department of Anesthesia
University of Massachusetts-Baystate Medical Center
Chief, Outpatient Anesthesia
Chief, Airway Rotation
Treasurer, Springfield Anesthesia Service, Inc.
Clara Sanders, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours