After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and value of rituals, routines, and procedures.
- Discuss opportunities to integrate rituals, routines, and/or procedures in healthcare education and work environments.
- Identify rituals, routines, and procedures that already exist in your work and learning environments.
- Identify one practice to try after the session in your workplace, teaching setting, or home.
- Identify examples of disconnects between rituals and values in the healthcare work and learning environment.
Daniel Ricotta, MD
Harvard Medical School
Beth Israel Deaconess
Rebecca Blanchard, PhD, MEd
Assistant Dean for Education
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Director, BERST Academy
Angela Sweeney, MEd, MA
Curriculum Design Specialist
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours