After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. List > 3 challenges complicating decision making about tube feeding in those with advanced dementia
2. Know recommendations about "best practice" on topic from >= 3 national medical societies
3. Report >= 2 strategies to improve communication with patients/families on this difficult topic.
Maura Brennan, MD
Professor of Medicine, UMass Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE End of Life Care
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours