After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Know the importance and components of an effective AIM statement
2. Understand the difference between data needed for research and for improvement work
3. Describe at least one tool to evaluate the outcomes of a PDSA cycle
Maura Brennan, MD
Professor of Medicine, UMass Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE End of Life Care
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours