After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify surgical patients at high risk for OIH
2. Recognize OIH in postoperative patients
3. Understand why multimodal opioid sparing techniques are important in caring for surgical patients
Lakshmi Madabhushi, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Medical Director, Pain Management Services
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 American Board of Surgery MOC