After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the technical consideration of proctectomy for rectal cancer
2. Describe the role of adjuvant treatment for rectal cancer
3. Describe the limitations of local excision for rectal cancer
Peter W. Marcello, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Tufts University School of Medicine
Chief, Division of Colon & Rectal Surgery
Lahey Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Marcello is a consultant for Applied Medical, Boston Scientific, and Olympus.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 American Board of Surgery MOC