After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify the roles and responsibilities of a preceptor.
2. Review the standards and principles related to becoming a preceptor.
3. Explore effective communication strategies, including giving feedback and managing difficult conversations.
4. Discuss techniques that facilitate learning and stimulate critical thinking.
5. Formulate an individualized, goal-directed orientation plan based on learner needs.
6. Recognize the value of self-care for yourself and others.
Arlene Kruzel, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, MEDSURG-BC
Professional Practice Educator
Nursing Professional Practice
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.25 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 2.25 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.25 BCIPE Instructional Hours