After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Review and understand gender dysphoria
3. To review gender affirming therapies for transgender youth and adults.
4.To appreciate special health considerations when treating transgender individuals (ie potential long term effects of hormonal therapy, fertility preservation, appropriate health care screenings
Michelle Gortakowski, MD
Medicine -Pediatrics Endocrinology Fellow
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours