After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2.Describe the benefits, challenges and limitations associated with use of the insulin infusion pumps with and without integrated continuous glucose sensor technology.
3. Review the history of insulin pump therapy.
4. Review different types of insulin pumps and general functionality.
5. Discuss eligibility criteria for insulin pump therapy.
Chelsea Gordner, DO
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours