After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Review of new Bethesda classification system.
3. Describe the use of the Afirma Gene expression classifier in thyroid FNA samples of indeterminate cytology.
4. Describe the use of Thyroseq next generation sequencing in thyroid FNA samples of indeterminate cytology.
Michele Gortakowski, MD
Pediatric/ Adult Endocrinology Fellow
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours