10th Annual Western New England Acute Cardiology Conference (Webinar Recordings)
The goal of this conference (recordings) is to support ideal cardiovascular care for our patients and the health of our community. The field of acute cardiology is rapidly changing with new and innovative treatment protocols for a wide range of conditions.
Baystate Medical Center Heart and Vascular and Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course is designed for cardiologists, hospitalists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, pharmacists, emergency medicine physicians, EMTs, paramedics, nurse practitioners, nurses, and cardiovascular technologists.
Block 1: Specialized Cardiovascular Care
- Discuss prevalent topics across the broad spectrum of patient-specific populations.
- Create awareness of management and disease presentation for specific cardiovascular populations.
Block 2: Cardiogenic Shock
- Review the evaluation, identification and management of patients with cardiogenic shock from the perspective of one’s unique clinical role.
- Assess best practices of identifying cardiogenic shock treatment criteria.
Block 3: STEMI
- Evaluate different clinical perspectives and evidence-based practice in the management of STEMI patients.
- Discuss recent updates to research and evidence regarding the management of STEMI patients.
Block 4: Cardiac Arrest
- Critique the newest research for management of cardiac arrest patients as related to one’s scope of practice.
- Compare modifications of the evaluation and management of cardiac arrest patients in different clinical settings.
Meeting Room temperatures will fluctuate.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationship are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.00 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity carries a maximum of 5.00 contact hour(s). Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) has approved this continuing education program for 5.00 hours. Approval Number 2324-R1-00505-T1 (live) & 2324-R1-00506-T5 (virtual).
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 5.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change