The 41st Richard B. Brown Infectious Diseases Symposium
Date & Location:
Friday, June 3rd 2022
The Infectious Disease Conference is now virtual only. There will be no in-person attendance option.
This program aims to convey state-of-the-art Infectious Disease information to health care providers in the community that is of practical aid in the management of patients. As a result of this symposium, new knowledge should allow for better patient management in the areas covered.
Baystate Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Division & Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course was designed for physicians, microbiologists, nurses, infection control practitioners, pharmacists, and practitioners in chronic care facilities.
- Discuss new recommendations from the ACIP regarding routine adult vaccinations, including new strategies and technologies including the latest on COVID-19 immunization.
- Describe recent developments in HIV treatment and prevention.
- Discuss the latest epidemiology, pathogenesis, and management of COVID-19.
- Discuss the emerging epidemiology of Monkeypox clusters globally.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of Monkeypox.
- Describe the process for diagnosis and management of patients with suspected Monkeypox.
- Discuss common STIs, including typical and atypical presentations, and new treatment recommendations.
- Discuss the recent Infectious Diseases literature and how to apply it in patient care.
- Discuss diagnosis and treatment of tick-borne infections.
You will receive an e-mail with the conference's ZOOM link the day before the conference.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 5.25 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5.25 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 5.25 ACPE Contact Hours
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 5.25 ANCC Contact Hours
- 5.25 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 5.25 IPCE Credit Hour(s)
Please Note: In order for your registration to be considered complete:
*If your Baystate department is covering your registration fee, you MUST
If you have not received confirmation of your paid registration, check to be sure all steps above have been completed.
|In order to receive CREDIT, the evaluation must be completed by:||Sat, 12/31/2022 - 3:30pm|
We appreciate your business and sincerely wish to meet your educational needs. We understand that the schedule of a busy professional, like yourself, is subject to change. Therefore, we have included information about our refund/cancellation policies for your convenience below.
If you must cancel, telephone Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 and follow your call with a written/email request. All cancellations will incur a $25.00 fee. Please note that we cannot refund cancellations received less than two weeks (10 business days) before the program date.
Your refund, less a cancellation fee, will be processed within two (2) weeks from the date we receive the written notification. For credit card refunds, please allow one to two (1-2) billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Specific Aids or Services:
Please call Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 if, under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you require specific aids or services during your visit to this continuing education program.