8th Annual Western New England Acute Cardiology Conference (Webinar Recordings)
The goal of this conference is to support ideal cardiovascular care for our patients and the health of our community. The field of acute cardiology is rapidly changing with new and innovative treatment protocols for a wide range of conditions.
Baystate Medical Center Heart and Vascular and Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course is designed for cardiologists, hospitalists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, pharmacists, emergency medicine physicians, EMTs, paramedics, nurse practitioners, nurses, and cardiovascular technologists.
Block 1: STEMI & COVID
- Evaluate different clinical perspectives and evidence-based practice in the management of STEMI patients during the COVID era.
- Discuss recent updates to research and evidence regarding the management of STEMI patients.
Block 2: Cardiac Arrest
- Critique the newest research for management of cardiac arrest patients as related to one’s scope of practice.
- Compare modifications of the evaluation and management of cardiac arrest patients in different clinical settings.
Block 3: Cardiogenic Shock
- Review the evaluation, identification and management of patients with cardiogenic shock from the perspective of one’s unique clinical role.
- Assess best practices of identifying cardiogenic shock treatment criteria.
Block 4: Coronary Reactivity Testing & Managing Complications
- Establish understanding of coronary reactivity testing.
- Critique the newest research for management of complications related to the acute cardiac patient.
To view all faculty and their potential conflicts of interest, click on the Faculty tab.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Members of the planning committee and faculty marked by an * have no relationships with commercial companies providing goods or services used on patients.
Karim Al-Azizi, MD, FACAI, FACC, FESC
Alina Capatina, MSN, CCRN-K, CNL*
Scott J. Chapman, MEd, NREMT-P, EMT-I/C*
Sabeen Chaudry, MD*
Cheryl Crisafi, MSN, RN, CNL*
Daniel Fisher, MD PhD*
Mat Goebel, MD, MAS, NRP*
Kimberly Grady, MSN, RN*
Cindy L. Grines, MD, MSCAI, FACC
Ali Haider, MD
Ravi Hira, MD
Lloyd W Klein, MD*
Amir Lotfi, MD, FRCPC, FSCAI*
Roxana Mehran, MD, FACC, FAHA, MSCAI, FESC
Nicholas North, BSN, RN, NRP, CCRN, CFRN, C-NPT*
Maria O'Reilly, BSN, RN*
Tanveer Rab, MD, FACC, FSCAI*
Sunil V. Rao, MD
Siavash Saadat, MD*
Abhimanyu Saini, MD*
Thomas Schwann, MD, MBA*
Nathan Stanaway, MS, NR-Paramedic*
Jeff Suriano, NRP*
Linda Theriault, PAC, MS*
Kelly M. Wanamaker, MD, FACS*
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
If you have already received credit for attending the October 13, 2021 live webinar, you will not be able to enroll in these lectures.
You may review the lectures from your record:
- Go to My account > My activities.
- Select the conference title
- Click Take Course
- In the Course Progress box, click Presentations.