After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Differentiate the various types of contractual documents used for the transfer of data between research entities and why the agreements may specify restrictions on data sharing.
3. Explain the Information Security Office review process and the forms required.
4.Summarize the steps taken as part of an internal inquiry and evaluation for a research data breach.
Kevin Hamel, BS, MBA, CISM
Chief Information Security Officer
Sr Director Cybersecurity
Jennifer Pacheco, MPH, CIM, CIP
DNP Capstone Instructor, Adjunct Faculty
Elms College School of Nursing
Director Human Research Protection Program
Renee Wroth, JD, CHC
VP & Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours